In the Ayurvedic tradition Rosemary is beneficiial for the Kapha Dosha as it is relaxing, improves circulation and clears stagnation especially in the lymphs. Rosemary has an invigorating quality, helps to clear mental stress & improve clarity. Rosemary is celebrated for it's amazing analgesic properties and is known to lowers blood pressure and is often used as a calming nervine. For the skin Rosemary is said to be cleansing, anti inflammatory, anti bacterial and protect the skin against free radicals. Rosemary oil is also known for it's beneficial properties for the scalp and studies have shown Rosemary Oil can help to improve hair growth and prevent hair loss.
Our Ayurvedic collection of Blissful Massage Oils were prepared for the practice of Ayurvedic self massage called Abhyanga. To read more about Abhyanga scroll down.
All Organic Ingredients: Pure Raw Unrefined Sesame Oi, Pure Cold Pressed Olive Oil, Rosemary, Pure Essential Oil of Rosemary & Love
Lowers Blood Pressure,
Protects agains free radicals,
Abhyanga is a practice of self love which is beneficial for health, well being and longevity. Throughout history there are a number of spiritual practices which involve anointing oneself from head to toe with oil—in Ayurveda this practice is called Abhyanga.
Here is a list of just some of the Benefits of Abhyanga
- Improves muscle tone,
- Invigorates the tissues,
- Moves stagnation,
- Lubricates the joints
- Increases circulation
- Nourishes internal organs,
- Purifies skin & body,
- Moves the lymph,
- Increases stamina
- Calms the nerves
- Promotes a blissful state of being,
- Improves sleep,
- Stimulates hair growth,
- Moisturizes skin,
- Pacifies Vata and Pitta and stimulates Kapha
- And more....
Here are some Abhyanga Instructions. Please note that this is how I love to practice Abhyanga. You may wish to do it another way, but it is important to follow the recommended direction of the strokes which are included below.
Note: The practice of Abhyanga recommends spending extra time on your scalp, ears, genitals, hands & feet!
- Warm the oil by immersing the bottle in hot water (not boiling) for a minute or so
- Sit in the bathroom (preferable on some comfortable towels). You may wish to run the water so that the bathroom is warm or heat it up with a heater beforehand.
- Apply a tiny bit of oil to the very center of your scalp and work slowly out from there in circular motions,
- Face: Massage in circular motion and upward mothion along your entire face except for your eyes. Then massage your ears,
- Massage your neck & shoulders
- Use long strokes on your arms and legs and circular strokes on your knees and elbows. Always massage in the direction of your heart
- Gently massage the abdomen and chest in broad, clockwise, circular motions.
- Massage your back, your bum and your genitals using the same circular motions,
- Then finally spend some time massaging your feet.
- Before your shower or bath, let the oil soak in for 5-15 minutes
- Enjoy a warm bath or shower. The oils actually naturally clean the pours from dirt and impurities. You may use a loofah if you like or an organic mild biodegradeable soap,
- After your bath blot dry gently with a towel
This practice is meant to be done daily to benefit the body, heart, mind and spirit, for longevity, youthful skin & hair & so much more! The practice of self love can literally transform your life in miraculous ways...
Rosemary Ayurvedic Massage Oil
- I'm a product detail. I'm a great place to add more information about your product such as sizing, material, care and cleaning instructions. This is also a great space to write what makes this product special and how your customers can benefit from this item.